What better way to welcome your guests and ring in the holidays than with a beautiful cocktail? Whether you are hosting at home or bringing a little something to share in the Thanksgiving feast, this cocktail is sure to please.
With the sweetness of roasted black grapes and the earthy tones of sage, this drink hits all the right notes and is a great accompaniment to turkey or even pork loin or chicken to make those weekday meals a little more special.
We hope that you enjoy this cocktail and add it to your holiday meals for years to come.
Off the Vine: Recipe and photos courtesy of Olive Jude
Here’s how to make it:
Prep Time 2 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 32 mins
- 5-6 sage leaves
- 12-15 black grapes
- 2 ounces vodka
- ginger ale
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scatter the grapes on it.
- Roast for 30 minutes until the grapes begin to shrivel a bit but not burst.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- To a cocktail shaker, add the sage leaves and the roasted grapes, reserving at least one grape for garnish.
- Muddle to release the grape juices and break up the sage.
- Add ice and your favorite vodka.
- Give it a good shake.
- Add ice to a glass and strain the mix over it.
- Top with ginger ale and garnish with a sage leaf and a roasted grape.
Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!