Come join a team that is passionate about what we do.
We are always in search of talented, driven individuals who are passionate about what they do. If you have a specific set of skills that relates to the construction industry, whether it’s frame to finish carpentry, fine furniture making, project management or general construction administration we’d like to hear from you.
The need for qualified tradesmen has become a pressing issue industry wide. Without an increased interest in the trades from the next generation the future of the industry is at risk. We hope to do our part to attract, train and mentor the next generation of carpenters and tradesmen. Over the years we have been able to offer job opportunities to trade school graduates as well as students who felt the standard academic path didn’t suit their personality & interests; some of which have been with us for over 14 years. These employees have not only become valuable members of our team but key contributors to the future success of the industry. We welcome students both male and female who are considering a career in the trades to apply.
All applicants must demonstrate a highly professional demeanor, be able to pass a full drug and background check, have great professional or personal references, their own reliable transportation and valid drivers license.
We offer benefits for individuals who qualify and are willing to stay and grow with us including: vacation , sick & holiday pay, health care and retirement plan.
To apply please send resume with cover letter explaining your qualifications, why you would be a good fit for our team, and how you could benefit our company.
We are currently hiring for a full-time Assistant Project Manager, based out of our new office in Plymouth, MA.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in field of either Construction/Construction Management and/or combination of Business/Business Management degree. Preference given to those with construction administrative and estimating experience.
- We will consider a candidate with alternative related experience and/or schooling who is highly motivated, willing and eager to learn.
- This is a full-time hourly position that will report directly to the Project Manager and will support the Project Manager in overseeing all details of multiple residential building and remodeling projects simultaneously.
- Must possess basic working knowledge of all phases of residential construction, strong organizational skills, very strong communication skills, strong problem-solving skills, foresight, ability to multi-task, be highly productive and adhere to strict time constraints.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Suite; specifically, Word and Excel spreadsheets. Ability to read and understand architectural plans, ability to work independently, be detail oriented and adhere to the company’s standards for quality, timeliness and professionalism.
- Knowledge of Buildertrend project management software is a plus.
Must be able to pass a full drug and background screen, have great references, reliable transportation and a valid drivers license.
Daily tasks may include:
- A variety of in-office and on-site tasks for multiple building and remodeling projects running simultaneously, moderate travel may be required on a daily/weekly basis.
- Support the Project Manager in various pre-construction project preparation tasks: management and scheduling of subcontractors, management of material orders and deliveries, management of jobsites, inspections, assisting with costing, and processing of change orders and other job-related paperwork as needed.
- Work closely with Project Manager and other members of the team to meet project deadlines and facilitate an organized and efficient construction process.
- Facilitate ongoing communication between the Project Manager, client and the Thorson team to maintain outstanding client relations and an unmatched client experience throughout every phase of construction.
- Have the ability or learn to manage complete job process beginning with initial client contact, introductory meeting, project planning, estimating through construction process and project wrap-up.
Communication and Social Skills:
- Must be a team player with the ability to work within a positive team environment while also working independently with little to no supervision.
- Able to create relationships with all parties involved in the construction process (subs, architects, engineers, vendors, Thorson staff, municipal employees, etc) that enables amicable working relationships during project process and delivers prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they arise.
- Demonstrate highly professional yet friendly demeanor and ability to communicate clearly and regularly with clients in order to keep them well informed of daily activities regarding their project.
- This job may require the ability to perform tasks in all areas and aspects of the construction process.
- Requires the ability to climb ladders of heights up to 50 feet.
- This job requires ability to work with tools, carry lumber and materials.
- Able to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 pounds for up to 50 feet.
Duties and responsibilities described above are not all-inclusive and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Hourly wage is commensurate with experience.
For qualified employees we offer health insurance, 401k contributions, profit sharing, 5 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time which varies based on tenure.
Thorson Restoration and Construction is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for a position without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status. We also welcome students, both male and female, who are considering a career in the trades to apply.
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter explaining your qualifications, why you would be a good fit for our team, and how you could benefit our company.
12 Hedge Road
Plymouth, MA 02360
or e-mail Stacy@thorsonrestoration.com