- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked (about 3 cups fresh corn kernels)
- Kosher salt
- 2 ounces feta or Cotija cheese, finely crumbled.
- 1/2 cup finely sliced scallions.
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped.
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and steamed, finely chopped.
- 1 to 2 medium cloves garlic pressed or minced.
- 1tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Chili powder or hot Chili flakes, to taste.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet or work over high heat until simmering. Add corn kernels, season to taste with salt, toss once or twice, and cook without moving until charred on one side. Toss corn, stir, and repeat until charred on second side. Continue tossing and charring until corn is well charred all over, about 10minutes total. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add cheese, scallions, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, mayonnaise, lime juice, and Chili powder. Combine ingredients, toss, and serve!