Everyone loves a recipe that is not only super easy but extremely delicious! Rhubarb Zucchini Bread has the perfect hint of tart and savory goodness. This is a favorite in the Thorson office – we’re sure it’ll be a favorite of yours!
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup rhubarb (about 1 large stalk) finely chopped
- 3 additional stalks rhubarb to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add 1/3 cup white sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, yogurt, vanilla, fresh lemon zest, and whisk in egg.
- Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda and stir just until moistened. Don’t over mix. Gently fold in zucchini and chopped rhubarb until well combined.
- Transfer batter to your prepared pan and smooth evenly. Slice extra rhubarb stalks in half the long way, remove the backs, but keeping the front -facing part of the rhubarb intact. This takes some of the weight off and keep them from sinking. Lay across the top of your loaf and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 40-35 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean. Wet crumbs are okay if you like your moist. Let cool in the pan 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.