Tart and savory crock pot cranberry butter is a fall staple in Olivia’s kitchen – what better timing than to share this delicious recipe before the holidays arrive. This treat pairs well with biscuits, scones, rich cheeses, and is even a great spread to have on the table during Thanksgiving dinner.
You’ll want to bring a jar with you to every fall get together!
- Three 12 oz bags of cranberries (rinsed)
- 2 Cups of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Orange zest (half an orange)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Wash the cranberries and pour them into the crock pot.
- Next, peel the zest off the orange, add it to the slow cooker. Toss in the cinnamon sticks too.
- Add 1/4 cup maple syrup. The flavor combination of maple, orange, cinnamon and cranberry is too good!
- Add remaining ingredients: lemon juice, vanilla extract, nut meg, and brown sugar.
- Stir and cook on low for 4 – 6 hours.
- Now, use an immersion blender (or regular blender) to get the perfect consistency! If too thick, add in a touch of water.